4 Ways to Find the Best Dentist in Your AreaApril 3, 2016
What to Expect When You Receive Dental ImplantsApril 11, 2016
Are you in the market for a new dentist? If so, you might be struggling to find the right dentist for you. Whether you’re new to your area or just switched insurance providers, consider the following factors when choosing your new dentist.
- Location and Convenience: The last thing you want to worry about when going to the dentist is getting there in a timely manner. Make it easy on yourself by choosing a dentist that is close to your house or office with convenient office hours. Choosing a conveniently located dentist with office hours that work for you will ensure that you arrive to your appointment in a timely manner.
- Cost and Insurance: When choosing the ideal dentist for you, make sure that the dentist accepts your insurance and offers multiple payment options, including credit cards, checks and payment plans. Also, be aware that you may need to pay part of the costs yourself for dental procedures, like fillings or root canals. Colgate recommends asking for estimates of what your dentist might charge for these procedures ahead of time.
- Care and Comfort: Good dental practices, like Forest Park Dental, are dedicated to patient care and comfort. Make sure that you feel comfortable enough with your dentist to explain your symptoms and ask questions.
- Professional Qualifications: When choosing a dental practice, it’s important that you know the dentists practicing there are well qualified and have the best certifications for the job. Find information about your dentist’s qualifications either through your insurance carrier or online.
- Emergency Care: Determine whether your dentist is available for emergencies. According to YourDentistryGuide.com, the best dentists don’t refer you to hospital emergency rooms, but rather are available for you in the case of a dental emergency.
Who to ask for suggestions on finding the best dentists
You can ask a number of people and organizations where to find the ideal dentist for you. Consider the following:
- Friends and Family: Consider asking your friends and family for advice on finding the best dentist for you. They’ll be able to give you honest suggestions, concerning the dentists’ qualifications and personalities.
- Current Dentist: If you’re about to move and need a dentist in your new area, consider asking your current dentist for recommendations near your new house.
- Physician: Your general physician will likely have suggestions for dentists in your area.
Dental Insurance Company: Your insurance provider can give you the names and contact info for dentists who participate in your insurance plan.